Animating: touch-ups

 Before taking my animation to a different software I needed to complete all the work in OpenToonz to call it good. I needed to add any touch-ups that I was able to add. 

The first thing was fixing the walk cycle a bit. The background was a little bit wobbly. I was not sure how to approach the problem, because everything I was trying out would end up with the scene being wobbly still. I tried onion skin and it would work but somehow the result was not as smooth as I wanted it to be. 

I was moving the background with the select tool and I really tried to make it go smoothly, but I struggled with it. I decided to explore the software more because I knew there must be something that would help me with this task. I found out that I can place a guidance line which would not change its position. I placed the line at the bottom of the door so then I knew where the door needs to end. I thought this was very clever and it helped me to make the movement less wobbly. 

Mostly I was finding out things I needed to change when watching the animation. I could spot little things that I was able to quickly change, for example there would be a random stroke of a color in the middle of the blue sky or there was a lot of colorful elements on some shots. 
For example one of the touch-ups was when I discovered the background of the text on this frame is actually light blue. I had to correct a few frames by changing the color to white as I wanted in the beginning. There were generally a few scenes I needed to correct in this way but it generally did not take too much time. Now when I am happy with the animation in general, I can place it in IMovie, where I am going to add sounds. 

This is the animation with no sound:

I am really happy with my work. The animation has over 2000 frames which only shows how much time I have spent on it and how dedicated I was to it. I have still a lot of work in front of me to complete the work, but at least this is finished. 

Comments

Popular Posts