Art Portfolio Project: Smart Objectives

 Today I am going to discuss the SMART objectives for my project. I have already done this last term, therefore I know how it all works. 

S - SPECIFIC 
What do I want to do?

I want to create 6 characters that would be suitable for a cartoon for children. The characters will be in the theme of "Purple Haze". I want to do at least one character in a 3D software - Blender however it definitely be low poly, the ones that will be drawn in 2D will be finished in an app called Procreate. For my project I am going to be using: app Procreate on my Ipad, Blender software on my computer and a graphing tablet. 

I want to research the color purple and what it means in different religions or cultures. 
I also want to research successful cartoons for children in my target audience and look at the characters in those cartoons to see what they have in common. 

M - MEASURABLE 
How will I know when I have reached it?

I will know that I have finished, when I have 6 characters either rendered or drawn.

A - ACHIEVABLE
Is it in your power to realistically achieve it? 

Yes. Knowing I stated that at least one character will be rendered in 3D, I made the project achievable for myself. 

R - REALISTIC

Can you realistically achieve it?

I have a lot of time to complete this project, and stating that the 3D character(s) will be low poly, makes it also realistic for my computer. I can realistically achieve it.

T - TIMELY

When exactly do you want to accomplish it?

The deadline for the submission is the 16th of March 2021.

Comments

  1. Flesh this out a bit - you need to be a bit more specific about your aims and objectives. Also it is worth considering how you are going to present your work as one character will be 3D - how will you make this work with the rest of the folio you will show? It needs to be consistent.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts