Website: Professional Portrait

In our recent class, we talked about taking professional portraits. We all are aware that taking pictures that look professional is more difficult when we all are in lockdown and social distancing. For many, the only tool, that we can access is s mobile phone and the camera in it. 

Mobile phone cameras are not as good as normal cameras, however they keep getting better and better. I do not have the newest phone possible and my phone does not have many options that some of the new phones have. I had to work with what I have and make the best out of it. All the pictures were taken with an IPhone 8, with a 7-megapixel camera and auto image stabilization. 

It is very important to take all the pictures against a plain background, not to drive the attention from the face portrayed in the picture. I decided to take the pictures in front of my room wall, which is gray. I also think the person should not wear very colorful or patterned top, because that also concentrates the attention. I decided to wear a black t-shirt. 

I have tried looking in different directions, having my hair differently, smiling and doing more serious faces, therefore I had many options to choose from. It is important to try many different things. 

I have also tried taking some pictures in black and white, because I believe that a black and white picture would look best on my website, with the layout I have chosen. 

Next step was creating a contact sheet. I tried creating the sheet on my computer and this was the result:


All the pictures were distorted and it really got me frustrated. I did not know how to change that, therefore I went to the App Store and typed in "contact sheet". I have easily downloaded an app called ContactPage Lite.

I opened the app and dropped all the picture files in the program. 


This is how it looked like in the program. Next, I clicked "Next" and exported the contact sheet as a PDF file. 

Here are the results: 




This program has cut my pictures to put them on the contact sheet, but at least they are not distorted. 

I looked at all the pictures, I decided that I like this picture best. 


Here are the information about the picture: 

Dimensions: 2320 × 3088

Resolution: 72 × 72

Color model: RGB

Color profile: Display P3

Manufacturer: Apple

Device model: IPhone 8

Value: 2,275

Exposure time: 1/33

Focal lenght: 2,87 mm

ISO: 500


Next, I have uploaded this picture to my About Me page on my website. 


I think the outcome looks good, of course it would look better if I had a better camera and the resolution could be better, but working with what I have, I think it is alright. 

Comments

  1. Good work on this, detailed with good technical process and reflection throughout -nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post. Good choice, however I thing the final photo is little bit too bright.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts