Final Project: Beat board

 For my major project research I have researched Stephanie Alexander (click here to access that post) and there I have learned that it is good to have a beat board created prior to creating the project. Before the research, I did not know what a beat board was, but now I understand why a beat board is useful. 

In simple words, a beat board is a series of images from the storyboard, but it is shorter and only shows the images that define the beat of the animation. The beat would be the most important parts that should be stressed the most, something that would take all of the viewer's attention. 

A beat board is important for the animator, because it reminds them, what should be stressed and what can be a little bit more blend. 

To create this board, I have opened my storyboard in Procreate and thought about the scenes and which ones keep the beat of my animation. I decided to circle those images in red first. 


I decided to pick those images, because looking image after image I do get some sort of beat created and I think it works well. 

Next, I have combined those images in PicsArt software, and this is how it looks:

I think this is a nice beat board and it will definitely be a good reminder for me, to make sure I stress those actions more than I do the rest. 
I am very happy with this project development, because I know I am going the right direction and that it all is a good start for my project. Having a compete storyboard and a beat board, I can finally start drawing the animation frames and I am really excited to do so. 


Comments

  1. Good work understanding the animation process and why this is important to create your work - really looking forward now to seeing the finished animation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work! I have nothing to say. Just waiting for final project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts